Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Hungry Pig Eat eat and EAT
Just to let you know I am still alive. I have been busy, busy and busy eating like a horse for these few days. Did I sound like a hungry ghost during the 7th month?

I cant believe I have put on weight. My face looked so round and my tummy become so big and I couldnt pull up my jean. *Sighed* Well, if I couldn't stop myself eating so much, I'll have to suffer the consequences!

Last Saturday went all the way to Changi Airport to eat Popeye Chicken. People must be thinking we are crazy traveling all the way to Changi Airport Terminal 1 just for dinner. But trust me it's worth it! My Pig family strongly recommends to me and they been talking about it for months. Make me so eager to find out how good it taste like.


from left kristie , Aileen , me and ping heading for our popeye chicken.


Just like those normal fast food combo set, its has a choice of chicken, chicken strips and filet with a side dish choice of french fried or mash potato, a scone like biscuit with a drink. I ordered myself a set of fillet basket and the chicken combo set sharing with Kristie, which cost me only $11.35, great deal!!

Crispy fillet and french fried with that yummy and soft biscuit in the mounth ..Hmmmmmm

I enjoyed the meal very much. The biscuit taste really nice and soft its goes well with the honey. And the mash potato was super NICE!! I am sure I will make my second visit again.

The next day, the three little pigs and sotong hold a small cooking party at pig brother's place. That was the time to show all our culinary skills.

We cooked 6 dishes on that night. Pig brother cooked carrot and potato soup, stir fry vegetable, a steam fish and Soya sauce chicken wing. I made fried wanton and braise pork ribs with black bean sauce. Sound yummy right? Every dishes taste really good and I glad that they liked my dishes at least didn't waste all the effort preparing the meals. No food is tastier than the home cooked food which put in lots of love inside.


before and after cooking

Sotong wanted to contribute for the dinner. She made us a fruit platter. But there was room for improvement for her cutting fruits skills....hahhaha



Enting showing her culinary skills or just a posh?

Yesterday, Coah Hu brought us to eat the Spicy chilies oil steamboat was also known as 'ma la hou gou' at Geylang lorong 13.We have heard so much from him and we wont want to miss all the good food. It was quite different from the local steamboat. We were having two different type of soup, spicy chilies oil and chicken soup. (most of us cant take spicy food , and its really SPICY!!) Coach Hu ordered all the dished for us like lotus, golden mushroom, luncheons meat, pork, mutton, potato, seaweed ect .I don't really like it, out of so many food he ordered I ate most of the luncheons meat and pork but the soup taste really nice.


Taste really good!!


Elyn , me and Coach Hu


Elyn and me. They said we looked like sisters, do we?


the group photo..

Coach Hu was teaching us how to eat, what to put in first and what type of sauce to use. But everybody just pour all the food into the pot except our table (Coach Hu, me , ping , Vince and bel). Coach Hu will make sure we follow the way should be eat *phew* but overall it was quite interesting.
After the dinner we separate our way home sending all sayonara. I took Bernard's ride to Ang Mo Kio with Kristie and James. Just as we drove out the road we got the craving for durian. We decided to stop along the roadside. And guess what, two durians cost us $58.00!!!! Damn expensive man. Think we kana 'chop' but its taste quite nice, thanks to Bernard for his generous treat!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home